Saturday, December 20, 2008

I did it

So I am not a big New Years Resolution kind of person, but this year I wanted something concrete, where I knew I had to hold up the actual promise to myself that I was going to do something. So this morning I signed up for the Colfax Half-Marathon around City Park. I didn't exactly look up how far a half marathon was....I now know it is 13 miles, but that is besides the point. I am going to do this. I get to sign up a friend for free so I am going to have Josh do it with me. I am really scared now but I already paid for it so there is no going back.
I want to do this because I want to feel in shape. I want to be able to go out and run just to run and enjoy it like I used to. When I was younger I used to go for runs for the fun of it, believe me I don't know how I did it! But I figure 2009 I will turn over that new leaf and do something I am proud of.
So if you see me being lazy, tell me to get off my butt and run, because I know I'm going to need a little motivation!!!

0 comments:

shabby cheek